Microsoft Excel is the most widely used spreadsheet software in the world. It also contains many rich features and is used by many business organizations to save financial data. Moreover, it is used for different operations such as calculating profit/loss margin, charting and graphing data, and so on. But users also face different errors such as “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened,” “Excel unable to read file,” etc.
Often these errors are difficult to fix through manual approaches, so users need to take the help of third-party solutions. There are many Excel Data Recovery software available on the Web, but it is difficult for a common Excel application user to know which one is really effective. Here, we will talk about a simple but robust solution named SysTools Excel Recovery Tool. With the help of this software, we were able to recover corrupt Excel spreadsheet files easily. This product review of “Excel Repair Tool” will focus on the specification, working, and pros/cons of this tool.
Let’s have a look at the product specifications before learning the technique to run Excel Recovery Tool:
Developer: SysTools Software
Software Version: 4.0
Software Size: 2.4 MB
Free Disk Space: Minimum 100 MB free
RAM Recommended: 1 GB
Supported Operating System: Windows 10 & all below versions
Supported Excel Versions: MS Excel 2007 and all above versions (32 bit or 64 bit)
How to Repair Corrupt Excel Files (.xlsx) With Excel Repair Tool
Now, we will show you how can fix the errors occurring in your Excel files step-by-step with the help of Excel Recovery Tool.
1. Download Excel File Repair Software: First of all, the Excel users need to download and install the software from the given link.
2. Add Damaged Excel Files: Launch the Excel Repair Tool and start adding Excel spreadsheet files that are corrupted. There are different options available to include single or multiple Excel files. Here are the options:
a) Add File(s): Choose this option if you want to repair one or more .xlsx files of Microsoft Excel.
b) Add Folder: This option will permit you to add a folder containing multiple Excel files at a time.
c) Search File(s) in Drive: If you are not aware of location of corrupt spreadsheet file, use this option to search automatically in any system drives including their subfolders.
3. Repair Corrupted Excel (.xlsx) Files: After all the problematic files have been added, use Repair option to fix broken/ corrupted Excel files. This will also recover rows and columns, header and footer, Pivot chart, Pie Chart, Page Layout with themes, etc. of the Excel workbooks. You can even stop the recovery process at any time.
4. Preview Repaired Spreadsheet Files: After repairing the Excel file, Excel Recovery Tool enables you to preview the complete list of repaired .xlsx file. One can easily view the original content of any Excel file from the list by selecting it.
Note: To Preview the repaired Excel file data in the software window, you need to have MS Excel application (version 2007/ 2010/ 2013/ 2016/ 2019) installed on your Windows computer/ laptop.
Preview Workbook with Multiple Worksheet:
Preview in Normal, Page Layout , Page Break View:
Preview by Zooming In/ Out:
5. Save Recovered Workbooks: Once you are satisfied with the preview, save the files or documents using Excel Repair Tool in specific location according to the need. You can also create a new folder from the software window to save the recovered files. After executing the step, a pop-up message will display that says “Files Saved Successfully”.
Notable Points about Excel Recovery Tool
Available Versions: Users can purchase Excel File Repair Software from the official website of SysTools Software. They can also check the functionality of the software by downloading the demo versions, available for free download.
- Repair corrupt and damaged Excel spreadsheet files
- Support Strict Open XML spreadsheet (.xlsx) file format
- Option to add multiple Excel files at the same time
- Recover rows, columns, graphics, charts, functions, gridlines, etc.
- Support MS Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 versions
- Microsoft Excel installation is must to preview all the recovered files
- It does not support Mac platform
Microsoft Excel is the perfect software for tabulation but sometimes, Excel files can easily become corrupt/ damaged/ broken due to certain reasons. To remove such corruption issues and make the files error-free, one must choose the right Excel Repair software which can seamlessly repair corrupted Excel file.
In this blog, we have recommended a reliable third-party tool named Excel Recovery Tool that helps users to repair corrupt or damaged .xlsx file without any data loss. Users should try this application if they are facing any issue opening their Excel files. Based on its amazing performance during the test, we would like to rate this software 9.8 out of 10.