Read this article to know the 3 secret tips for your Netgear Router Setup & how to troubleshoot various setup errors.
And not only this, you will be also guided for how to setup a Netgear router without a desktop computer.
This article will be helpful for:
- Those who wish to setup their router of their own.
- For those who are facing errors while setting up their Netgear router.
- To those that doesn’t have a desktop computer.
- Also for those who has lost their installation guide or the CD that comes along with the router.
- And for users that need the guidance from Netgear router support.
So let’s get started!
First of all, you must consider the prerequisites for the setup process must be achieved. So let us see what the prerequisites are.
Tip 1: Essential Requisites for the Setup:
These are all the requisites, that you must do before to began the Setup process.
- Stable Internet Connectivity: Ensure that you’re getting a stable and reliable Internet speed. Also there should not be any Internet Outage in your locality.
- A compatible modem: You should use a compatible modem for the setup, to avoid any issues.
- Your smart Wizard credentials: Your smart wizard credentials or the router’s credentials must be kept handy during the setup process. They will be used for netgear router default login.
Also, you can use the smart wizard app for future use.
- Connecting Cables: You will need two connecting cables – LAN and an Ethernet. LAN cable is required to connect the computer to the router. And the Ethernet cable is required for making a connection between the router and modem.
Once you are done with the prerequisites, you can initiate the setup process stated underneath.
Tip 2: Router setup process using a Desktop computer:
Routers are the gadgets that converts your connection from your Internet service provider to a wireless network. This gives you the leverage of wireless internet connectivity throughout your office or home.
Here’s how to setup your router through a desktop computer:
- UN-boxing and connecting the hardware:
Open the package and pull out your router and other peripherals. Next, plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem and plug the other end to the router’s “Line in” port.Thereafter use the LAN cable and to create a connection between the computer and the router. Don’t worry; you can pair off your router to your computer, once the router gets successfully configured.
“Note- You must make sure that all the cable connections are finger tight to avoid any setup issues”.
- Supply Power to your router:
Plug the power source to your router and turn on the power button. Afterwards, you execute a power cycle on your modem as well as the router.Power cycling means simply plug out the power source and plug it back in after 10-15 seconds. After the power cycle it may take a few seconds for the devices to boot up, so wait for it.
- Netgear Router default IP:
Now it’s time to login to your router’s default IP. So open any web browser like Firefox, Google Chrome etc and navigate to 192.168.1.1.Use your router’s default credentials to login. In case you face some error while attempting logged in, you may contact routerlogin.net executives.
- Follow on–screen instructions:
Last but not the least step is to follow on-screen instructions in the setup wizard. Most of these instructions will be about your preferences for the network.Note- “Do not attempt to change/modify the default settings unless you are sure of your DNS information.”
So the setup is done now, you can start connecting your devices wirelessly to the Internet.
Tip 3: Setting up your Router without Desktop Computer:
In case you don’t have a desktop to install your router, you can use your any device that supports wireless connectivity. Be it your laptop, phone or even tablet.
Here are the prompt steps for this setup:
- With the help of Ethernet cable, connect your router to the modem or DSL.
- Now power cycle your modem or DSL and wait for the time till power lights get lit.
- Also apply a power source to your router.
- Thereafter adjust your router’s network settings, as per described in the instructions written on the back side of your gadget.
- Now on your wireless device, navigate to the Wi-Fi manager and locate the network by the SSID.
- Use the password as per the instructions.
- Finally use any web browser and log in to the Smart genie setup wizard.
- Last, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear Router Installation
So these are the 3 secret tips with which you can setup your router with or without a desktop computer. In case if you face any issues or have any queries related to the setup process, you can take help from router login support team.