Source: googlewebmastercentral: As part of Google’s goal to make the web faster, we uploaded several video tips about optimizing the speed of your website. Check out the tutorials page to view the tutorials and associated videos.
Matt Cutts answered a new question each day from the Grab Bag:
- What are some best practices for moving to a new CMS?
- Is over-optimization bad for a website?
- Will having my software listed in low-quality directories harm my website’s ranking?
- Can the geographic location of a web server affect SEO?
- Will I be penalized if all of my Sitemap URLs have the same priority?
And during Adam Lasnik’s visit to India, he was interviewed by Webmaster Help Forum guide Jayan Tharayil about issues related to webmasters in India. We have the full three-part interview right here.
Matt Cutts Answers: “Could you confirm whether the geographic location of the web host has any significant ranking factors for organic SEO?”